Sunday, April 24, 2011


Why Yoga? Why Not?!

No matter what kind of day I am having, I always seem to feel my best during and after a yoga class. Just the other day for example, I had the worst headache. I went to a fantastic class my friend was subbing for and post class, my headache was gone. It’s a miracle! One of my teacher's always reminds us we practice today so we can practice tomorrow. This yogini in the picture above speaks volumes! I'm taking her class next...

There are many different types of classes out there. Find one that is right for you along with a teacher you connect with and give it a try. What's the worst thing that can happen? During the week, I like to mix it up with a variety of styles from vinyasa flow to yin to restorative to power.

Below are just a handful of benefits yoga offers...

*Decreases the risk of disease.
*Optimizes the immune system.
*Helps you manage stress more effectively. Stress? What stress?
*Can help the relief of pain from tension headaches. I second this one!
*Can help improve short term memory, focus, and concentration.
*Improves your breathing.
*Boosts creativity.
*Improves sleep.
*Helps you relax.
*Increases your overall health awareness.
*Improves your relationship with “YOU” and food.
*Assists in mindful and intuitive eating.
*Lowers your resting heart rate.
*Flushes out toxic build-up.
*Optimizes the metabolism.
*Excellent for cross training.
*Keeps us ageless!

The list is endless... see you in class!

No comments:

Post a Comment